The AuraHeart™ heart rate app transforms your smartphone into a personal heart rate monitor so that you can check your heart anytime, anywhere.
- Heart rate measurement
- Heartbeat visualization
- Real-time pulse graph (photoplethysmogram)
- Audible and haptic alerts upon measurement completion
- No Ads
How it Works
Place right index finger over your phone's rear camera lens and flash.
- Hold finger position steady and still until your heart rate result is obtained. Measurements usually take 10-15 seconds to complete but may take longer depending on your pulse signal quality.
Why measure heart rate?
- Track your resting heart rate. Your heart rate measured at rest can be an indicator of your cardiovascular health and fitness level. Generally, a lower resting heart rate implies more efficient heart function and better cardiovascular fitness.
- Learn how everyday factors may be impacting your heart rate (e.g. lack of sleep, caffeine, stress, smoking, alcohol, exercise, or relaxation techniques)
- Train at your target heart rate and achieve your fitness goals.
- Assess your exercise intensity level. Generally, the higher your heart rate during exercise, the greater your intensity level.
- Monitor your exercise heart rate recovery time. Generally, the faster your heart rate recovers from aerobic exercise, the better your aerobic fitness level.
Yes, your phone can be used to measure your heart rate! AuraHeart™ is based on the science of photoplethysmography. It uses your phone’s camera lens to detect subtle changes in light absorption at your finger that occur rhythmically with each beat of your heart. This is possible because human blood absorbs visible light. By measuring the relative changes in light absorption in your finger, AuraHeart™ can detect your pulse and measure your heart rate.
Caution - Important Safety & Use Information
- Do not rely on AuraHeart™ for medical advice or diagnosis.
- Use AuraHeart™ to measure heart rate for recreational or fitness purposes only.
- AuraHeart™ is not a replacement or substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor if you have any health concern. Do not self-adjust medications.
- Do not use AuraHeart™ if you wear or the person you intend to measure wears a pacemaker or other internal electronic medical device.